Employment Opportunities at the Achievement Centers for Children
The Achievement Centers for Children is nationally-recognized for its excellence in helping children with disabilities and their families achieve and thrive. Employment with us is rewarding personally and professionally.
The Achievement Centers has three locations in Highland Hills, Strongsville, and Westlake.
MANAGER OF FACILITIES
The Manager of Facilities supports and manages the daily operations of Highland Hills and Westlake facilities and occasionally our Strongsville location. The Manager coordinates preventative maintenance services on HVAC; plans emergency preparedness training drills and instruction, implements environmental, safety and energy programs; conducts facility inspections and manages inspection results and repairs. The position provides vendor management of security resources, shredding services, and other facility related services. The Manager obtains necessary permits/licenses as required to perform facility changes and equipment installations and related activities.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience performing the following duties:
1. Hands-on daily maintenance and repairs.
2. Development and implementation of Agency policies, procedures and manuals relating to safety and building and vehicle operations.
3. Monitoring and managing optimum performance of all existing building systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, elevators, security, fire protection systems, and general building and ground maintenance.
4. Planning and implementation of building and building systems modifications and improvements as required while remaining in compliance with various rules and regulations. This includes research, analysis, writing reports and Excel worksheets to support recommendations.
5. Overseeing activities of building contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Monitoring all contracts for compliance and cost control.
6. Managing outsourced building services.
7. Preparing annual capital and expense budget and monitoring of all expenditures against budget and reporting variances on a monthly basis.
8. Maintaining and monitoring use of Agency vehicles.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of facilities management experience, five of which includes supervisory experience. You will possess strong project management and problem solving abilities along with advanced computer (Microsoft Office) and written communication skills. You must have a clear driving record and be able to be on-call.
Make a difference in the lives of young children and their families! Through the development of supportive relationships with families, the qualified candidate will provide home-based parent education, advocacy and resource linkages to first time parents of children birth to three years of age throughout Cuyahoga County. Cultural competency is essential, and bilingual ability is a plus.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Social Work, as well as their Social Work licensure. (Other related degrees may be considered.) Previous experience in the mental health field is preferred. The Help Me Grow Home Visitor Credential is required for this position. Training will be provided if the candidate does not possess the credential.
High Ropes Course Belayer
Make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities! Bring your talents and enthusiasm to our Camp Cheerful on 52 beautiful acres in Strongsville!
As a belayer, you are responsible for utilizing safety equipment to assist individuals on the high ropes tower to ensure their safety at all times. Our facility includes a low ropes course, high ropes course, easy and hard wall, zip line, and giant swing. The position is a contracted position utilized on an as needed basis. You will be notified at least two weeks prior to the upcoming events.
Previous experience with high ropes courses and team building is preferred but not required. Previous experience with persons with disabilities is preferred. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Summer Camp Staff Positions
We are looking for 100 outstanding, qualified, patient, committed and caring staff members for our summer camp staff team to help children and adults ages 5 to 70+ with disabilities experience traditional camp activities that are fun, empowering, memorable and medically safe. Our Camp Cheerful, nestled on 52 acres of the Cleveland Metroparks in Strongsville, offers swimming, fishing, horsemanship activities, hiking, and a high ropes challenge course, all fully accessible. We also offer day camps at our Highland Hills and Westlake sites.
Manager of Camp Programs
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
As the Manager of Camp Programs you will oversee administration, operation, and management of Camp Program Services on a year-round basis including outdoor education, respite weekend sessions, team building programs and rentals.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
• Serves as Manager of Camp Programs and assists Director of Recreation in recruitment of clients and staff, staff and client safety, behavior and health of campers, camp activities and development of programs.
• Assists in promoting and marketing all camp programs to individuals, school groups, parent groups and various organizations. Assures facilities are prepared for programs. Conducts tours and handles check-in and check-out procedures.
• Assists in overseeing facility maintenance.
• Fosters and maintains good public relations with all community sources.
• Promotes a team approach within each program and throughout the agency.
To qualify, you will have:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Courses and/or training in program administration and management.
• Experience in camp or educational facility administration.
• Extensive experience with persons with disabilities.
• Public Relations and marketing skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to camp lifestyle.
• Organizational and writing skills.
Highland Hills or Westlake Sites
We are currently seeking to fill two full time positions in the outpatient therapy program at our Highland Hills facility, and one three day per week position in the Autism Classroom in our Westlake facility. Ideal candidates will be motivated, professionally driven, eclectic clinicians with a drive and passion for continuing to learn and to incorporate new skills and treatment strategies. Preferred experience and characteristics: clinical experience in the area of pediatrics; experience working closely as a team with physical therapists, speech therapists, and social workers; excellent communication skills; organized and efficient with documentation.
If you are looking for a career move that will provide strong team collaboration opportunities, diversity in caseload and will challenge you to propel your clinical skills to the next level, you need to consider one of these positions with Achievement Centers for Children!
Coordinator of Sports Services and Community Outreach
You will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Adapted Sports Programs and Community Outreach Services. You will assist the Manager with planning communication and organization of programs and special events. You will attend events and assist with set-up, check-in and clean-up. You will handle correspondence and respond to volunteer group inquiries.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ administrative experience and working with individuals with disabilities would be a plus. Strong organizational and writing skills required along with the excellent interpersonal skills.
This position is part-time: 23 hours per week.
Adapted Aquatics Instructors
Achievement Centers for Children is seeking Adapted Aquatics Instructors for PRN contract positions for either our Westlake or Berea location. We offer flexible schedules: any day of the week morning until evening.
This position teaches swimming lessons to individuals with developmental disabilities. Ages range from 9 months old to adults. We offer 30 minute individual lessons, 45 minute individual lessons, and 45 minute small group lessons. Sessions are either 8 or 9 weeks in length. Instructors are required to provide progress notes for each individual at the end of the session.
The qualified candidate will:
- Develop classes that are developmental in regards to swimmers’ functioning level and skill abilities.
- Responsible for planning and implementing aquatics programs that benefit the swimmers.
- Keeps storage areas and work areas clean and properly arranged.
- Knowledgeable about Adapted Aquatics and its therapeutic value as it relates to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, clients and their families.
- Ability to maintain all required documentation.
- Knowledge of pool safety, First Aid and CPR, as it relates to recreational programming.
You will possess experience working with individuals with disabilities. First Aid and CPR certified- we will provide training if certification expires. Water Safety Instructor preferred but not required. Adapted Aquatics Certification preferred but not required.
River Rock Adult Day Service Provider
Make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities! Bring your talents and enthusiasm to our new, year-round, 5 day a week program, and provide hands on assistance to our clients through a range of outdoor and indoor activities on 52 beautiful acres at Camp Cheerful in Strongsville.
Cook – Respite Weekends
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
Make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities by bringing your culinary talents to the organization as the Cook!
Responsibilities of this position include:
· Preparation, serving and clean-up for camper and counselor meals.
· Able to work weekends for breakfast, lunch and dinner
The qualified candidate will possess:
· A minimum of three years’ experience as a cook.
· Experience with children and/or adults with disabilities helpful
Updated: July 27, 2015