Employment Opportunities at the Achievement Centers for Children
The Achievement Centers for Children is nationally-recognized for its excellence in helping children with disabilities and their families achieve and thrive. Employment with us is rewarding personally and professionally.
The Achievement Centers has three locations in Highland Hills, Strongsville, and Westlake.
Summer Camp Staff Positions
We are looking for 100 outstanding, qualified, patient, committed and caring staff members for our summer camp staff team to help children and adults ages 5 to 70+ with disabilities experience traditional camp activities that are fun, empowering, memorable and medically safe. Our Camp Cheerful, nestled on 52 acres of the Cleveland Metroparks in Strongsville, offers swimming, fishing, horsemanship activities, hiking, and a high ropes challenge course, all fully accessible. We also offer day camps at our Highland Hills and Westlake sites.
Therapeutic Horsemanship Program Volunteer Coordinator - Part-Time
The Therapeutic Horsemanship Program at Camp Cheerful in Strongsville is seeking a part time (20 hours per week) volunteer coordinator to add to our team. You will be responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers for ACC’s classes and special events.
You must be a self-starter, highly organized, detailed oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The qualified candidate will plan and implement recruitment and recognition events and supervise the volunteers. Experience coaching and training of staff members is required. The responsibilities also include maintaining volunteer schedules and assignments.
You will develop a quarterly e-newsletter, conduct satisfaction surveys, orientations and training classes. You must be able to be on call during the week and weekends. You will have computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
The qualified candidate must enjoy working with people with special needs. You will be working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather and must have experience working with horses.
Please send resume including salary requirements to
Summer Interns for Therapeutic Horsemanship Program
Our PATH Premiere Accredited Therapeutic Horsemanship Program is currently looking for summer interns with horse experience to assist with the daily care of program horses and stables. These internships are from June through August.
River Rock Adult Day Service Provider
Make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities! Bring your talents and enthusiasm to our new, year-round, 5 day a week program, and provide hands on assistance to our clients through a range of outdoor and indoor activities on 52 beautiful acres at Camp Cheerful in Strongsville.
Manager of Grants and Annual Giving
As the Manager of Grants and Annual Giving you will develop and write foundation proposals and reports and implement an annual foundation plan. You will collaborate with other staff to implement annual fund activities such as direct mail, on-line fundraising and gift/donor stewardship.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include:
1. Manage all aspects of foundation proposal submissions including research, development of submission plans, proposal writing, and reports – meeting all deadlines. Actively seek new potential foundation and other funding sources.
2. Coordinate and monitor foundation data management in Raisers Edge. Conduct appropriate and ongoing recognition and stewardship activities for foundation and other donors.
3. Work with other department staff to conduct annual fund activities such as direct mail solicitation and online fundraising. Write appeal letters and develop solicitation packages, manage mailing process and track annual fundraising results.
4. Work with other department staff on other overall development and marketing activities such as community fundraisers, agency special events, and individual fundraising to achieve departmental goals.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two - three years of non-profit and grant writing, annual fund and individual fundraising work experience.
- Excellent and persuasive written communication skills
- Ability to be proactive, organize and manage multiple projects and deadlines, think creatively, and work well with a team
- Experience with Raisers Edge
For consideration, please send your resume including salary requirements to:
Occupational Therapist - Highland Hills
If you are looking for a career move that will provide strong team collaboration opportunities, diversity in caseload and will challenge you to propel your clinical skills to the next level, you need to consider this position with Achievement Centers for Children!
We are currently seeking a motivated, experienced occupational therapist who meets the following requirements/desired characteristics: Minimum 1 year of pediatric experience.
Experience working closely as a team with physical therapists, speech therapists, and social workers, eclectic therapeutic skills, with a drive and passion for continuing to learn and incorporate new skills and treatment strategies. Excellent communication skills. Organized and efficient with documentation. This full time position is at our Highland Hills.
Speech and Language Pathologist
Highland Hills and/or Westlake
Autism Classroom Assistant Teachers and 1:1 Teacher’s Aides
Westlake and Highland Hills
Assistant Teachers and 1:1 Teacher’s Aides are needed for our innovative preschool and K-8 programs for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. These positions are part of an interdisciplinary team in a full day school year program that is "cutting edge" in its program design and practice.
You will work with the children daily supporting classroom learning and individual needs as well as observation, documentation and preparation of assessment reports and general maintenance of the classroom.
For both positions, the qualified candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience with autism and experience in a classroom setting. A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Education, Child Development, Psychology or related field. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to consistently respond to children in respectful and supportive ways.
Cook – Respite Weekends
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
Make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities by bringing your culinary talents to the organization as the Cook!
Responsibilities of this position include:
· Preparation, serving and clean-up for camper and counselor meals.
· Able to work weekends for breakfast, lunch and dinner
The qualified candidate will possess:
· A minimum of three years’ experience as a cook.
· Experience with children and/or adults with disabilities helpful
Network Administrator/Help Desk
Temporary Position - Full-Time or Part-Time
This is a 4-month full-time position or part-time position for 4+ months. This position is available immediately.
If you possess the following skills, we are interested in talking with you!
2+ years' experience configuring, supporting and troubleshooting:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012, Exchange 2010, Enterprise Backup and Antivirus solutions.
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec and Kaspersky A/V preferred.
Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Cisco Layer 3 Switches
- Experience configuring WSUS is a plus
- Windows 8, 7, Office 201/2010, updates, service packs and various PC software and print drivers
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012, Exchange 2010, Enterprise Backup and Antivirus solutions.
- Provide Help Desk support to 100+ users at multiple locations
- Configure two new Servers for two Secondary locations.
- Research new network storage technology and make recommendations on devices.
- Troubleshoot Remote Desktop connection and Terminal Service Gateway issues
- Move and connect PCs, printers, projectors and Switches. Install PC memory, hard drives, video cards, etc.
- Coordinate purchasing of hardware and software, negotiate support and contract.
- Test software applications and document new functionality of custom software
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Ability to follow complex technical instructions with a strong attention to detail.
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
We are seeking an Aquatics Coordinator who will be responsible for conducting client intakes, writing contracts, billing and receivables. In addition, the qualified individual will recruit, train and lead adapted aquatics instructors.
This position is 15 hours per week.
The qualified candidate will have:
· Minimum of two years working with children and adults with disabilities
· Minimum of two years in an administrative coordinator role.
· Available during non-traditional working hours
Child Development Center
We are seeking a Full-Time Lead Co-Teacher and Teachers' Aide for our Star 4 Step Up to Quality Child Development Center.
The Lead Co-Teacherwill be responsible for planning and implementing preschool curriculum that incorporates Ohio Early Learning Development Standards. You will observe and record children's ongoing development through creation and maintenance of a portfolio for each child.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in an inclusive child care center. Experience teaching in a Step Up To Quality Center is required.
The Teachers' Aidewill assist the teachers in the supervision of all classroom activities including physical activities. You will assist children with needs such as feeding, diapering, toileting, hand washing etc. A minimum of one year teaching experience in a Step Up to Quality Child Care Center is required.
The qualified candidate must possess CDA or equivalent.
Both positions must possess excellent teaching, organizational, communication and leadership skills. An ability to consistently respond to children in respectful and supportive ways is necessary.
Make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities by bringing your talents to Camp Cheerful! Become part of our Camp Team!
We are looking for Respite Weekend Counselors for our Strongsville location. You will be providing primary care for both individual needs and participation in camp activities. These position are Friday 5:30 pm to Sunday 4:00 pm. These positions require overnight on the camp grounds.
Adapted Aquatics Instructor
Are you a flexible, creative and enthusiastic individual capable of developing unique and individualized strategies to meet each swimmer’s learning style? If so, we have PRN contracted positions available at our Westlake Facility and at Berea Recreation Center in Berea, Ohio.
Updated: January 20, 2015