Employment Opportunities at the Achievement Centers for Children
The Achievement Centers for Children is nationally-recognized for its excellence in helping children with disabilities and their families achieve and thrive. Employment with us is rewarding personally and professionally.
The Achievement Centers has three locations in Highland Hills, Strongsville, and Westlake.
Manager of Grants and Annual Giving
Join one of the oldest and most innovative agencies serving children with disabilities and their families as the Manager of Grants and Annual Giving! You will develop and write foundation proposals and reports and implement an annual foundation plan. You will collaborate with other development staff to implement annual fund activities such as direct mail, on-line fundraising and gift/donor stewardship.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage all aspects of foundation proposal submissions, tracking and reporting.
- Manage the development of concepts for foundation proposals under the guidance of the Vice President of Development and Marketing.
- Actively seek new funding sources and conduct appropriate prospect research.
- Coordinate and monitor foundation data management in Raisers Edge.
- Conduct appropriate and ongoing recognition and stewardship activities for foundation and other donors.
- Work with Vice President of Development and Marketing and development team on other overall development and marketing activities to achieve departmental goals.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of non-profit and grant writing and overall development fundraising work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to write compelling proposals, letters and reports.
- Ability to identify and take advantage of new fundraising opportunities and creative approach to donor relations and stewardship
- Experience with Raiser's Edge.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, team oriented speech therapist to fill a full-time position which includes two days of outpatient clients, and three days in our center-based classrooms for students with diagnosis of autism. Candidates must demonstrate a passion for working with children and their families as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A desire to work within an interdisciplinary, evidence based framework is a must. Experienced candidates are preferred but a strong CF candidate will be considered.
Help Desk/Systems Administrator
This position will support 100+ users at 3 Cleveland area locations, remotely and in person. You will have ownership of all user hardware and software issues while assigning appropriate priority to each issue to ensure end users are able to perform their job functions. You will also provide training to end users.
The qualified candidate will have 2+ years’ experience configuring, supporting and troubleshooting:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Exchange 2010/2013, Enterprise Backup and Antivirus Applications
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec 2014 and Kaspersky Security Center is a plus
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- LAN, WAN , Cisco Layer 3 Switches, Hardware/Software Firewalls
- Experience with deployment/patch management solutions such as WSUS or SCCM is a plus
- RDP and RDP Gateway
- Windows OS’s Office, Windows updates, service packs
- PC’s, laptops, iPad’s printers, projectors, network switches, etc.
You will participate in design, testing, implementation, training and support of internally designed, custom SharePoint/.net client medical records management software.
Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Administrative Assistant will assist the CEO and the CFO in the execution of all duties, including attending meetings of board, staff, and some external groups. The position is responsible for preparing and maintaining Board and Board Committee agendas and minutes; maintain all executive files, coordinate projects and initiatives directly or through others. The position will also supervise the front desk at the Highland Hills site.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting a senior executive
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Has successfully maintained a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Able to prioritize duties
- Adaptable, flexible and able to handle and anticipate change.
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Advanced proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Manager of Facilities
The Manager of Facilities supports and manages the daily operations of Highland Hills and Westlake facilities and occasionally our Strongsville location. The Manager coordinates preventative maintenance services on HVAC; plans emergency preparedness training drills and instruction, implements environmental, safety and energy programs; conducts facility inspections and manages inspection results and repairs. The position provides vendor management of security resources, shredding services, and other facility related services. The Manager obtains necessary permits/licenses as required to perform facility changes and equipment installations and related activities.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience performing the following duties:
1. Hands-on daily maintenance and repairs.
2. Development and implementation of Agency policies, procedures and manuals relating to safety and building and vehicle operations.
3. Monitoring and managing optimum performance of all existing building systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, elevators, security, fire protection systems, and general building and ground maintenance.
4. Planning and implementation of building and building systems modifications and improvements as required while remaining in compliance with various rules and regulations. This includes research, analysis, writing reports and Excel worksheets to support recommendations.
5. Overseeing activities of building contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Monitoring all contracts for compliance and cost control.
6. Managing outsourced building services.
7. Preparing annual capital and expense budget and monitoring of all expenditures against budget and reporting variances on a monthly basis.
8. Maintaining and monitoring use of Agency vehicles.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of facilities management experience, five of which includes supervisory experience. You will possess strong project management and problem solving abilities along with advanced computer (Microsoft Office) and written communication skills. You must have a clear driving record and be able to be on-call.
Camp Counselors for Respite Weekends
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
Make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities by bringing your talents to Camp Cheerful! Become part of our Camp Team!
We are looking for Respite Weekend Camp Counselors for our Strongsville location. You will be providing primary care for both individual needs and participation in camp activities. These positions are a 24 hour per day commitments - day, evening and night from Friday through Sunday. These positions require overnight on the camp grounds.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of one year experience working with children and adults with disabilities. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Make a difference in the lives of young children and their families! Through the development of supportive relationships with families, the qualified candidate will provide home-based parent education, advocacy and resource linkages to first time parents of children birth to three years of age throughout Cuyahoga County. Cultural competency is essential, and bilingual ability is a plus.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Social Work, as well as their Social Work licensure. (Other related degrees may be considered.) Previous experience in the mental health field is preferred. The Help Me Grow Home Visitor Credential is required for this position. Training will be provided if the candidate does not possess the credential.
High Ropes Course Belayer
Make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities! Bring your talents and enthusiasm to our Camp Cheerful on 52 beautiful acres in Strongsville!
As a belayer, you are responsible for utilizing safety equipment to assist individuals on the high ropes tower to ensure their safety at all times. Our facility includes a low ropes course, high ropes course, easy and hard wall, zip line, and giant swing. The position is a contracted position utilized on an as needed basis. You will be notified at least two weeks prior to the upcoming events.
Previous experience with high ropes courses and team building is preferred but not required. Previous experience with persons with disabilities is preferred. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Manager of Camp Programs
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
As the Manager of Camp Programs you will oversee administration, operation, and management of Camp Program Services on a year-round basis including outdoor education, respite weekend sessions, team building programs and rentals.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
• Serves as Manager of Camp Programs and assists Director of Recreation in recruitment of clients and staff, staff and client safety, behavior and health of campers, camp activities and development of programs.
• Assists in promoting and marketing all camp programs to individuals, school groups, parent groups and various organizations. Assures facilities are prepared for programs. Conducts tours and handles check-in and check-out procedures.
• Assists in overseeing facility maintenance.
• Fosters and maintains good public relations with all community sources.
• Promotes a team approach within each program and throughout the agency.
To qualify, you will have:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Courses and/or training in program administration and management.
• Experience in camp or educational facility administration.
• Extensive experience with persons with disabilities.
• Public Relations and marketing skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to camp lifestyle.
• Organizational and writing skills.
Highland Hills or Westlake Sites
We are currently seeking to fill two full time positions in the outpatient therapy program at our Highland Hills facility, and one three day per week position in the Autism Classroom in our Westlake facility. Ideal candidates will be motivated, professionally driven, eclectic clinicians with a drive and passion for continuing to learn and to incorporate new skills and treatment strategies. Preferred experience and characteristics: clinical experience in the area of pediatrics; experience working closely as a team with physical therapists, speech therapists, and social workers; excellent communication skills; organized and efficient with documentation.
If you are looking for a career move that will provide strong team collaboration opportunities, diversity in caseload and will challenge you to propel your clinical skills to the next level, you need to consider one of these positions with Achievement Centers for Children!
Adapted Aquatics Instructors
Achievement Centers for Children is seeking Adapted Aquatics Instructors for PRN contract positions for either our Westlake or Berea location. We offer flexible schedules: any day of the week morning until evening.
This position teaches swimming lessons to individuals with developmental disabilities. Ages range from 9 months old to adults. We offer 30 minute individual lessons, 45 minute individual lessons, and 45 minute small group lessons. Sessions are either 8 or 9 weeks in length. Instructors are required to provide progress notes for each individual at the end of the session.
The qualified candidate will:
- Develop classes that are developmental in regards to swimmers’ functioning level and skill abilities.
- Responsible for planning and implementing aquatics programs that benefit the swimmers.
- Keeps storage areas and work areas clean and properly arranged.
- Knowledgeable about Adapted Aquatics and its therapeutic value as it relates to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, clients and their families.
- Ability to maintain all required documentation.
- Knowledge of pool safety, First Aid and CPR, as it relates to recreational programming.
You will possess experience working with individuals with disabilities. First Aid and CPR certified- we will provide training if certification expires. Water Safety Instructor preferred but not required. Adapted Aquatics Certification preferred but not required.
River Rock Adult Day Service Provider
Make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities! Bring your talents and enthusiasm to our new, year-round, 5 day a week program, and provide hands on assistance to our clients through a range of outdoor and indoor activities on 52 beautiful acres at Camp Cheerful in Strongsville.
Cook – Respite Weekends
Camp Cheerful in Strongsville
Make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities by bringing your culinary talents to the organization as the Cook!
Responsibilities of this position include:
· Preparation, serving and clean-up for camper and counselor meals.
· Able to work weekends for breakfast, lunch and dinner
The qualified candidate will possess:
· A minimum of three years’ experience as a cook.
· Experience with children and/or adults with disabilities helpful
Updated: August 17, 2015